The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide. The League
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels;
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process;
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters of Palm Beach County works to expand recognition of the League as a leading nonpartisan political organization by:
- providing reliable information on elections and public policy issues to a diverse county population through innovative educational approaches;
- Motivating people to become actively engaged at all levels of government and in the League.
The League of Women Voters Palm Beach County is committed to reflect, in its principles and practices, the diversity and pluralism of our county by promoting inclusion in leadership, membership, and participation in all League activities and programs, with no barrier based on race, ethnicity, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.