- To provide reliable information on elections and public policy issues to a diverse PBC population through innovative educational approaches;
- To develop innovative voter education modules including a civics curriculum;
- To work with PBC Schools to provide civics in the classroom.
Chair: Christene Campbell-Gabor (email@example.com, 561-271-4648)
Meetings: Last Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m..or 7:00 pm. See Calendar for time and location.…Read more →
Palm Beach County School District’s 2nd Annual
DATE: Thursday April 6th, 2017
TIME: Preliminary rounds start at 4:00 pm
Semi-Finals and Finals start at 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Santaluces High School
6880 Lawrence Road, Lake Worth, Florida
Download the flyer. Read more →
National History Day
By Christene Campbell-Gabor, Chairperson of the Civics Education Committee
National History Day, celebrated every year on President’s Day, was held on Monday, February 20th at Park Vista High School.
Middle school and high school students, focusing on this year’s theme, “Taking a Stand,” shared their knowledge through historical papers, exhibits, performances, websites and documentaries.
LWV members Debra Chandler and Christene Campbell-Gabor were honored to be invited to be judges for Palm Beach County– an interesting and rewarding experience.
Debra Chandler and Christene Campbell-Gabor, LWV judges at the PBC National History Day Competition.
The student’s projects were interesting, exciting and a reflection of their intelligence, hard work and exceptional presentation skills. Of the over 150 students from seven schools who successfully advanced to this county competition, …Read more →
We have Exciting
With the Palm Beach County School District
Annual History Day, February 20th – Judges Needed
Government Bee, April 6th – Mentors, Timekeepers, and More…
For more information contact Christene Campbell-GaborRead more →
Chair, Civics Education LWVPBC
firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-271-4648…
Florida House education chairman: Better civics lessons needed in schools | Naked Politics
An article about a legislator proposing better civics education in our schools
Miami Republican Rep. Michael Bileca, the House Education Committee chairman, says the issue is “near and dear” to him, and his primary goal is to streamline civics education so it runs from elementary school through college.
Read the Miami Herald article:
Download article here.
Civics Education…Read more →
The Civics Education Committee supports the LWVPBC to meet its mission and vision by:
- · Providing reliable information on elections and public policy issues to a diverse PBC population through innovative educational approaches;
- · Developing innovative voter education modules including a civics curriculum;
- · Working with PBC Schools to provide civics in the classroom, and;
- · Routinely evaluating results and methods to determine what is most successful.
- December 28th at 10:00 am at Compass, 201 N. Dixie Hwy., Lake Worth, FL 33460
- January 25th at 7:00 pm – location to be announced
- February 22nd at 10:00 am at Compass, 201 N. Dixie Hwy., Lake Worth, FL 33460
- March 22nd at 7:00 pm – location to be announced
- April 26th at 10:00 am at Compass, 201 N.
…Read more →
Civics Education: Christene Campbell-Gabor (email@example.com), 561-271-4648Read more →
Focus: Providing reliable, non-partisan information on elections and public policy issues to a diverse PBC population through innovative educational approaches and working with PBC schools to provide civics in the classroom.
Involvement Opportunities: Research, curriculum development, providing presentations (trained by LWV Speaker’s Bureau), mentoring.
Meetings: The last Wednesday of each month beginning December 28th at 10:00 a.m. at Compass. Every second meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. at a location TBD.…